The Réseau supports Bill 276: An Act to enact and amend various Acts2021-06-10
The French Language Health Services Network of Eastern (the Réseau) has submitted a brief on Bill 276.
As part of its study of Bill 276, the Standing Committee on Governmental Affairs (Ontario Legislature) is seeking input on the amendment of several statutes, including the French Language Services Act (FLSA).
Our submission supports the government's proposal to amend the definition of "government agency" to include municipal and group homes, making them eligible for designation under the FLSA. This amendment will extend the French Language Services Act to municipal and group homes.
In addition, and in order to promote the implementation of a French language long-term care strategy adapted to the needs of Francophone in the Champlain and South East regions, the Réseau makes the following two recommendations:
1) That the Réseau be involved in the implementation of a provincial strategy to improve long-term care services in French for Francophone in the Champlain and Southeast regions.
2) That the Réseau be involved in the implementation of the FLSA designation in municipal homes.
Learn more: Download full brief
The Réseau submits its recommendations for digital health in French in Ontario to the Ministry of Health2021-03-16
The Réseau submitted a Brief on Digital Health in French in Ontario to the Ministry of Health. This document reviews the Ministry of Health’s two key strategic documents on digital health. Currently, these documents do not mention the need for digital health tools and services available in French. Likewise, these documents do not take into consideration the digital health needs of the Francophone community.
To assist the Ministry of Health with digital health planning, the Réseau recommends that:
- The Minister of Health should engage the French Language Health Services Advisory Council on this matter.
- The Ministry of Health should engage the province’s six French Language Health Planning Entities to obtain high level guidance on the impact of including language considerations in the Digital First for Health Strategy.
- The Ministry of Health should apply the Health Equity Impact Assessment, including the French Language Service Supplement (and other supplements, as applicable) to future iterations of the Digital First for Health Strategy and the Ontario Health Team: Digital Health Playbook.
Learn more :
- Download news release (available in French only)
- Access our Brief on Digital Health in French in Ontario
Joint recommendation from the Réseau and Entité 4 to the Regional Transitional Lead, Ontario Health Region – East on the identification of OHTs2020-12-14
The Réseau and Entité 4 submitted a joint recommendation to the Regional Transitional Lead, Ontario Health Region – East. They are recommending that Ontario Health Teams serving designated areas under Ontario’s French Language Health Services Act become identified for the provision of French language health services.