The Réseau submits its recommendations for digital health in French in Ontario to the Ministry of Health2021-03-16
The Réseau submitted a Brief on Digital Health in French in Ontario to the Ministry of Health. This document reviews the Ministry of Health’s two key strategic documents on digital health. Currently, these documents do not mention the need for digital health tools and services available in French. Likewise, these documents do not take into consideration the digital health needs of the Francophone community.
To assist the Ministry of Health with digital health planning, the Réseau recommends that:
- The Minister of Health should engage the French Language Health Services Advisory Council on this matter.
- The Ministry of Health should engage the province’s six French Language Health Planning Entities to obtain high level guidance on the impact of including language considerations in the Digital First for Health Strategy.
- The Ministry of Health should apply the Health Equity Impact Assessment, including the French Language Service Supplement (and other supplements, as applicable) to future iterations of the Digital First for Health Strategy and the Ontario Health Team: Digital Health Playbook.
Learn more :
- Download news release (available in French only)
- Access our Brief on Digital Health in French in Ontario
Joint recommendation from the Réseau and Entité 4 to the Regional Transitional Lead, Ontario Health Region – East on the identification of OHTs2020-12-14
The Réseau and Entité 4 submitted a joint recommendation to the Regional Transitional Lead, Ontario Health Region – East. They are recommending that Ontario Health Teams serving designated areas under Ontario’s French Language Health Services Act become identified for the provision of French language health services.
Statement from the Regroupement des Entités de planification des services de santé en français de l’Ontario2020-12-07
Le Regroupement des Entités de planification des services de santé en français de l’Ontario is relieved by the announcement that the mandate of the six French Language Health Planning Entities has been renewed by the Minister of Health for a period of two years, until December 5, 2022. The Entities’ current mandate came to an end on December 5, 2020.
The Entities are reassured by this continuity and appreciate the renewed confidence placed in them by the Ontario government. In the context of a health crisis and health system transformation, this extension will ensure stability in the development of French language health services.
The Entities will continue their proactive work of aligning with health system planning structures. They stand ready for an eventual geographic alignment with Ontario Health’s five regions. Out of a concern for efficiency, they would like this restructuring to take place at the latest when the transfer of the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) to Ontario Health is finalized. The Entities will also continue their work on establishing a provincial entity to work directly and with one voice with Ontario Health and the other provincial health system stakeholders.
Until then, the six Entities are eager to continue their collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Ontario Health to ensure a smooth transition and to continue their work at the service of our Francophone communities.